Almost Thanksgiving!
Today, November 14, 2006, we began talking about our websites. We went over the skeleton for our homepage and discussed all of the little things we need to add to each page. I’ve been keeping up with my website so I’m pretty sure the only thing I have left is the Technology reflection, which I didn’t know what that was until today since there is now a link :) Hopefully I can remember what I put on my technology inventory so that I can accurately do my technology reflection!! We then talked about different types of educational software, such as Drill & Kill Practice/Tutorial, Simulation, Generative, Diagnostic, Teacher-Productivity, and Everyday Applications. I’m pretty familiar with Gradebook Pro because both of my parents have to use it at their high school (They are both high school teachers) We then discussed what we should all do before buying software so we don’t end up having a problem like the story about the windows program on macs, which would be awful and very expensive for the program not to work!! We got together with a partner, Christina, looking up 4 websites giving our examples on the discussion board. We found examples of Drill & Practice/Tutorial, Generative, and Simulation Educational Software and even found out how to create a new topic haha :) For Drill & Skill we found Chess mates for Grades 2-8 to learn how to play chess for $14.95. For Simulation, our software was BBC Science Simulations for Grades K-2 to do virtual scientific experiments for $52.00. And finally for Generative Software, we found Timeliner 5.0 for Grades K-12 to create timelines and the cost was $79.00 and also had a 45 day free trial! I’m looking forward to movie night after Thanksgiving and I hope everyone has an awesome break! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home