Stephanie Shelton

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh tuesday...

Well I've had a ridiculously long week already and it's only Tuesday so I'm just looking forward to the weekend. I am excited to create my digital story though and look forward to it in the coming days!! In class today, we learned about lesson plans, which will definitely be helpful in all of our future endeavors as teachers. We saw the flaws and strengths of the different lesson plans in the case studies and that integrating technology into elementary school classes can be difficult based on the age group and ability level of the students. Creating lesson plans is a difficult task and getting the kinks out isn't an automatic process, it's more of a trial and error process. I don't think that one can ask too much of the students depending on their age or expect them to be able to complete such activities in their home becuase they might not have the means to do so. It is better to take everything with technology in steps rather than assume everyone knows how to do something. I think the activity was beneficial and I'm ready to create my digital story! Thanks for reading :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaylen said...

I know the feeling about tuesday...we should burn them and roast marshmellows in their flamey wake...yeah, I'm not right in the head most of the time. I really agreed with what you said here. I really didn't know that getting realyl good lesson plans can takes years and years because of having to work the kinks out of them every year. Glad you're looking forward to the digital story...I had a lot of fun with it too!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kristen Miller said...

Hey Stephanie,
I agree with you about making technology in the classroom age appropriate. I think that digital stories are really cool and a great way to teach, but it seems to me that expecting a first grader to make one is a bit much. Lesson plans are going to be tougher than I thought, too, but I'm sure we'll all get the hang of them in time.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home