Stephanie Shelton

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Here goes number 2...

Well this week we finally go into the actual technology aspect and the terminology associated with creating a webpage. We learned about html and http and urls. Also we learned the web design principles after watching a cute flash video ;) about designing a webpage. We learned how to access the Home Directory and I thought it was interesting to learn how to use the Nvu, because it was something I had never heard of. I thought it was interesting as well to learn a few of the tricks associated with webpages and that the differences in the protocols could make a huge difference.
I think that the information we used tonight could be extended into the classroom in a very efficient and helpful manner. If kept updated, a website could be beneficial to any age group. I know it helps me to sort out all of the information for a class when a teacher keeps their website up to date and it has accurate information. I think it would also be a great idea to employ the creation of websites into an activity for students of a higher level of learning. Whether created alone or in a group, it would help the students to better associate with and learn about the Internet and the actuality of creating a website. It would also help them to better learn the information they are working with as well as to learn about technology they probably use daily and just don't know how much actually goes into it.
A few questions I have are how would one go about creating a website, if they did not have the home directory as a starting point? Also, if one did not have something such as home directory, what would one save their information in in order to save it to their website, ie images.
Well I'm exicted about creating my webpage and am interested in learning the ins and outs of technology and the Internet. See y'all next Tuesday : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home